Welcome to Alamosa Park Elementary School
A California Distinguished School
An elementary school community working together to provide the foundation for successful life long learners.
Monday - Friday
8:30 - 1:21
Tuesday - Friday
8:30 - 2:48
We are excited to announce that we will have all day Kindergarten this year!
Welcome to Vista Unified School District, please complete the following steps to pre-enroll your child.
Step 1: Complete the ARIES online registration found here.
Step 2: Contact your student's school office and confirm your student's pre-enrollment.
Then bring the signed Enrollment Confirmation document, immunization records, birth verification and proof of residency to the school.
Catch us on Twitter @AlamosaPark
Kindness Certified School
Spring Choral Concert & PTA / Foundation Silent Auction - Friday, May 22, 4:00 - 7:45 p.m.
Please come join the Alamosa Park (AP) students, staff and community for a wonderful opportunity to see our students perform in the AP Spring Choral Concert on Friday, May 22. Gates will open at 4:00 p.m. Please see a list of the event itinerary below.
Mr. Towle, our choral teacher, will be conducting this school-wide event, highlighting the work and practice of our students outside in playground area. The AP PTA & Foundation Silent Auction and Student Artwork Showcase will take place at the same time in our Multi-Purpose Room. Proceeds from the Silent Auction will support the AP music program. Please feel free to bring your own chairs for this event. This will be an exciting time to celebrate AP students and the arts at Alamosa Park. Students are requested to wear jeans, and school colors (red, black, white), and spirit wear for this event.
Choral Concert / Auction Itinerary:
5:00 to 5:15 p.m. - Kindergarten sings "Wake Me Up"
5:15 to 5:30 p.m. - 1st Grade sings "Do Re Mi"
5:30 to 5:45 p.m. - 2nd Grade sings "Funky Town"
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. - INTERMISSION - Presentation of auction recipients
6:15 to 6:30 p.m. - 3rd Grade sings "Hello Goodbye"
6:30 to 6:45 p.m. - 4th Grade sings "I Want To Be Like You"
6:45 to 7:00 p.m. - 5th Grade sings "Happy"
7:00 to 7:30 p.m. - Presentation of silent auction recipients
AP Parents, Please Register for Aeries Parent Portal
VUSD is pleased to provide parents and guardians secure, internet-based access to your student's information through our Aeries Parent Portal. The Parent Portal is a free service that will allow you to create a single parent account that will give you access to your children who are enrolled in VUSD.
You will need your student’s permanent ID number and the verification code that was sent to you in the regular mail during the week of May 18.
Steps to register for the Aeries Parent Portal
If you already have a Parent Portal account and need to add another child, please follow these steps: Login to Parent Portal and click “Change Student” from the top right side of the screen, then click the “Add New Student to Your Account” and then proceed to step #8 in the directions.
In order to create a new Parent Portal account, please follow the steps below:
1. On the district website, http://www.vistausd.org/ click the Parent Portal link on the left side of the screen.
2. Click Parent/Student Portal under Parents & Students in the middle of the screen.
3. Select Create New Account
4. For Account Type, select Parent, then click Next
5. Enter your e-mail address and desired password, then click Next (You will enter these twice to verify)
6. You will receive verification e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. From your e-mail, select the “Confirm This Email Address” link within the e-mail to confirm your e-mail address. After confirming, click the Return to Login Page link to login to the Parent Portal using the e-mail and password you provided.
8. Enter the following information on the Student Verification screen (as received from the letter), then click Next:
• Student Permanent ID Number
• Student Home Telephone Number OR Parent email address on file
• Verification Code
9. If your name appears in the box, please select it and click Next. (If your name does not appear in the box, please select None of the Above and click Next)
10. You can add additional children at this point by selecting Add Another Student to Your Account. You will need to enter each child’s permanent ID #, Home Telephone and Verification Code.
11. The set-up process is complete, you can now select from the links at the top of the screen to review data for your student; including attendance and student information.
If you have any questions regarding access to Parent Portal, please contact our school office for assistance at (760) 940-0700.
Thank you for your participation in registering for the Parent Portal.
Dr. Vodicka, CA Superintendent of the Year, ACSA & Pepperdine University
Congratulations to VUSD Superintendent, Dr. Vodicka for being selected as California State Superintendent of the Year by the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) & Pepperdine University. Click HERE for the article in Union Tribune & HERE for the article in The Vista Press. Both articles outline the great work of Dr. Vodicka in VUSD.
Hawk Talk PTA Newsletter - April 2015
Please click HERE to view the April 2015 edition of the Alamosa Park PTA Newsletter. In this edition: new Chrome Books from VUSD LCAP funding for each student in grades 3-5; student perspectives of the new technology; Scrabble Tournament; Gardening Club; Great Kindness & Reading Challenge; Spring Music Festival & Silent Auction on Friday, May 22 at 5 p.m.; Vista High School student-athletes reading to AP students. Go Hawks!
No news posted
Click here . . .
Every child has a unique log in.
Just click the link above, click on the penguin's belly and your child can enter their picture ID to get started. Students should spend a minimum of 20 minutes per session on ST math.
When you want to exit the program click the red arrow in the lower left corner of the computer screen. Continue to press the red arrow until you are taken to a summary screen. From there click the red X and you will see a bubble rise to the top. That means you are logged out and your work has been saved. Avoid exiting the program in the middle of an activity.
VUSD Boundary Committee
Click HERE to visit the VUSD Elementary School Boundary Adjustment Committee website.
VUSD Blueprint for Educational Excellence and Innovation
Dear Alamosa Park Community,
I would like to provide our community with updates on our VUSD Blueprint for Educational Excellence and Innovation. On the VUSD web page you can access information and videos that describe our district vision. Please view the videos on our VUSD Blueprint web page which describe the Blueprint overview and strategies that support our district vision.
Click here for the VUSD Blueprint website.
Thank you for your consideration,